About Therme Group
Therme Group is driven by the belief that wellbeing should be accessible to all. Therme Group’s vision is to create the world’s most advanced wellbeing resorts, achieved by harnessing the complex interplay of nature, technology and culture.
Therme Group currently operates four large-scale facilities in Germany and Romania. These resorts collectively welcome over 3 million guests annually.
Therme Group is building Therme Canada | Ontario Place, a family-friendly, all-season destination offering something for all ages, including pools, waterslides, botanical spaces to relax, as well as sports performance and recovery services. Outside, people will enjoy more than twelve acres of free, publicly accessible gathering spaces, parkland, gardens and a beach.
Job Posting: Project Manager
Job Type: Office and site
Locaton: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Therme Canada is seeking a full-time Project Manager who will be responsible for coordinating all the pre-construction work required for the Therme Canada | Ontario Place project. This position will start in the pre-construction phase but will eventually lead to a site-based construction role on the Ontario Place project.
This person will bring together designers, consultants and construction partners to deliver on the preconstruction strategy and help deliver the project onsite.
- Responsible for the success, profitability, safety, quality, delivery, and programme compliance of the allocated area of responsibility, whilst maintaining relationships with consultants, stakeholders, and trade contractors in order to secure and maintain ongoing future relationships
- Support the pre-construction activities to develop robust procurement proposals, schedules, sequencing, and methodology strategies. Work closely with the commercial functions to produce staffing/ recruitment requirements and comprehensive preliminary plans. Develop all proposals embedding the highest standards of health, safety, environmental and quality management systems.
- Support pre-construction and construction activities through developing a PLAA strategy with consultants, designers, and construction partners
- Act as the main liaison between construction partners and Therme team
- Ensure robust risk management is adopted, identification of potential risks and issues, implementing mitigation strategies to ensure quality, timely and cost-effective delivery, and maintenance of positive relationships at all levels
- Attend/Chair design and tender team meetings as necessary during contract
- Monitor and report on project progress, including schedule position, risks, commercial
performance against budget, stakeholder issues, key risks, and opportunities.
- Support capital cost planning and work with design teams to provide Value Engineering
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Construction related degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- In-depth understanding of pre-construction and construction management activities
- Strong understanding of PLAA management
- Understanding of the full project cycle and how design and procurement impact the schedule
- Project and Construction management experience in a range of business sectors
- Working knowledge of health, safety, CDM and environmental legislation
- Willingness to travel across Canada and globally
- Construction Management Model experienced desirable
We invite all qualified candidates to submit their resume & cover letter to email@example.com. Due to high volume of applications only those who meet our requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Therme Canada is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.